Saturday, April 21, 2012

Yesterday (Friday, April 20th) I enjoyed a nice trail ride back the Quarry road, and then we came out at the top of a beautiful field with a view that would take your breath away,  and finally out onto the beach and back around to the barn.  It was about a 2 hour ride, and I think it was around 6.5 miles.

 Tammy and Wind were our leaders, and they did an awesome job letting us know when to stay to the left or right, if there were big rutts or anything to watch for.  I was very impressed at how that big boy went right under a low branch for Tammy and she just reached up and tossed it aside like a pro! Nope there was no getting off for her.  I even watched when on the beach she beautifully sat a buck that Wind did, and I do believe she said it was her first, although you'd never have known that.

Lynn and Spirit were very patient and helpful at getting Caddy successfully through this rough trail for the first time.  I was so proud of Kathleen and Caddy! They had a wonderful ride together. It's nice to get so excited over Caddy going through a puddle, down or up a steeper hill than she'd be use to, or just at how well she did walking through a boggy spot. They were a great team, and it did my heart good to see them have such a ride, with lots of great firsts for them both.  Kathleen was on cloud 9 the whole time, not believing that she was on her horse out on the trails. She told me that it almost brought a tear to her eye a time or two. I always knew this day would come for her, and I'm loving watching Caddy continue to surprise her, and at her surprising herself too. They are going to have a great future together.

 Summer and I and Sam and Marcie were behind in our line up. We all sang a line or two on our journey, and had lots of laughs too. Beautiful ride.  My knees were feeling it though...all that walking with little trots here and there is good for me, but I felt it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items