Wednesday, April 18, 2012

This is the speech I did for 4H this year.

Madam chairman, honourable judges, fellow 4-h members, family and friends,
Life goes by so fast, and sometimes we don’t realize it because we get so caught up in our everyday routines. But have you ever just stopped to think about how you got to where you are today in your life? Well I’ve learned a lot about myself in the last few months, I’ve learned that if I have a dream and don’t give up on it can come true, because sometimes life takes unexpected turns.
Six months ago, my life took an unexpected turn, but it was a good one. It took me to a place where I feel like I belong, it took me to a place called Tidal Treasures. Tidal Treasures is where we board my horse, Caddy. There are also 13 other horses there that I have come to love, along with some very special people. Ever since I’ve been there my life has been a lot more exciting.
Tidal Treasures is the place where I met my new best friend Aziim. At first it was hard because we didn’t really know each other, or if we would even like each other. But like most good things in life, we had to work at it, to gain each others trust and respect. When I’m with Aziim, I feel like my whole day just got 10 times better! Sometimes I have to work really hard to understand what he is trying to tell me, but with patience and guidance from the Tidal Treasure crew, I always figure out what it is he is trying to say. If you haven’t already guessed, my friend Aziim is a horse, he is a 5 year old Arabian who I have been given the opportunity to help train and ride by his owner, Troy. Aziim and I have a lot to learn, but we’ll do it together.
My time with Aziim has helped me to train my horse Caddy, who was a trained race horse. Caddy never had anyone ride in a saddle on her back, she didn’t even know how to trott because they are taught to pace. With many hours put in by many people, Caddy is now trained enough that we are riding through the trails, with all the mud puddles and bumps you can throw our way, and let me tell you, we are both taking it all in stride because we have the confidence to do it!
When I was riding through the woods on my horse, Caddy, I was thinking about my life, and I did stop to think about how we got here. We got here with with a lot of work and determination, some frustrating times and lots of good times, and with help from many different people along the way. And now we are at the point in our journey that has brought us to Tidal Treasures. It is with their support that Caddy is realizing what she can do, and I’m continuing to learn who I can be, and wondering what life has in store for me next.

3 comments:

  1. Very well done Kat! You sure have a way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very observent person and you have a wonderful way with words. I hope you keep up with your writings, they are quite insightful!

    ReplyDelete

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items