Sunday, April 22, 2012

Wind - 2012 Training Days 6 & 7

Training Day 6: I had not seen Wind all week and I could not wait to get to the barn. We had some just us time with some lunging and in hand training while we waited for Lynn to get home so we could do a training run up Leland's Road and back. We ended the day with a beautiful 2 hour ride with Lynn, Kathleen, Shelley and Marci, through the quarry trail out to the cottage roads on to the top of the "gallop hill" which provided a breathtaking view of the setting sun on the Kempt Shore, down the hill, across the 215 and down onto the beach. No matter how many times I ride or how many beautiful things I see or how many times I get to share those things with wonderful people, I still am amazed that my life has brought me here to all of this.

Training Day 7: WOW!!! Mock competition day at 1/2 the distance. 15 miles at 6.3 mph. The last time I tried this I was a physical and mental mess and so I was not expecting this to be the greatest run for Wind and I, but I decided to relax, give him his face and just ride. It was amazing. It was my first real sign that if I stick with my training and continue to get stronger that I just might be able to finish that 30 miles next month with some dignity. My wonderful hubby was there along the way to offer support and made sure that Lynn, Pam and I had a picnic lunch set up, complete with table, chairs and music. I was so proud of Wind and I, but I also knew that I could not have done it without all the amazing people around to help us. I know there are going to be difficult days ahead, but that ride just gave me the hope and motivation I was looking for and I can't wait to see what else we can do.

2 comments:

  1. PS: We have completed 60 of 200 miles (which includes the actual 30 of the competition)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy I am so excited for you and Wind and all the progress you are making! I havn't had the chance to ride with you a lot (yet) :), but on our Friday night ride, I kept thinking, Wow-what a difference! Nothing was stopping you two, and you lead us along that rough trail on the biggest horse like a pro-and that buck-well you didn't miss a beat, and kept right on going! You are doing great. Very inspiring to watch!

    ReplyDelete

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items