Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tonight while I waited for Kathleen and Caddy to get back from their 5 mile trail ride (with Lynn and Spirit, Pam and Summer, and Marie and Mister), I saddled up Willow, and Carrilee was kind enough to teach me about diagonals. I had heard about diagonals from Lynn, but had no clue what they were.  Carrilee was a great teacher, and I feel like by the end of my ride I had it down fairly well.

 This was my first  really enjoyable ride on Willow. She was trying to test me at first, not wanting to stay on the rail (that is why my earlier rides were not so enjoyable-- I was new in the saddle - just learning, and I had to work so hard to keep her on the rail, and not always successfully I might add) but I think one difference now, is that as I am continuing to learn, I have more tools to work with. Tonight Willow and I trotted in both directions of the outdoor arena,  and were for the most part on the rail, while I practiced posting with diagonals in mind. She was very good with me.  It was a beautiful night and an enjoyable ride. Thanks Carrilee and Willow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items