Thursday, April 19, 2012

Aziim 3

Grooming session this afternoon in the pasture. Grabbed brushes, hoofpick, halter & lead and found him dozing by the gate next to Paris lying flat on the ground, soaking up the sun. He must take guard duty, 'cause he was standing right next to her - he IS the great defender/protector, after all.
Well, he was so wild that Paris was moved to lift up her head. Actually, he slept through most of it - opened his eyes while I did his feet and dozed the rest of the time!
He did do a tiny, really fast spin once - I brushed an old rain rot spot and that surprised him. We recovered quickly and carried on, brushing the same spot again with no trouble.
And he did object once when I went to brush his off side - backed up and faced me - so we worked on that a bit before carrying on. A reminder to wear my helmet when I'm with him, maybe, even though he didn't bang his chin on my head this time! He and Summer and Willow all are highly amused by my height - or lack of height, really!
He got a piece of carrot when we were done and he watched me go before waking Paris to go for a little run. He was feeling pretty handsome, I think.

1 comment:

  1. A day at the spa for the lucky boy and defender/protectors do need to look their best :)

    ReplyDelete

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items