Monday, April 16, 2012

Shelley- The Beginning Of My Story...

Ok so here I am...finally on the Blog after a lot of help (thanks Carrilee for your patience with me). I have never blogged before (is that even how you'd say it?) I have never followed blogs before, and I'm not even sure if this will work when I attempt to post it, but if there's something I've learned in the past little while, it is to Never say Never!

You see not only am I here posting my first blog ever, but it is about horses! Horses have been a part of our life for years now because of our daughter Kathleen's love for them, but did I ever see myself as anything other than her Mom on the sidelines watching... (which don't get me wrong I love to do, and still do...I don't know if she realizes it or not, but I am her biggest fan!) but you see now I am also riding, something I never really considered myself doing...imagine that! I still can hardly believe it myself sometimes.

We came to Tidal Treasures in October of 2011, with our Standardbred horse, Caddy. We always loved her, and knew she had something special about her, but we really needed a lot of help and guidance in getting that out of her, and that is exactly what the crew at Tidal Treasures offered us. We knew Caddy needed them, but I don't think any of us knew how much we all needed them, because just look at us now!

I had no idea I would ever be riding, but when the oppourtunity came my way, I thought why not! I am surprising myself at how comfortable I am in the saddle, and I know that it is because of the guidance, encouragement and support that I've received from everyone at the barn. If anyone had told me 6 months ago I'd be riding trails and putting on the miles on horseback, I'd have thought they were crazy!
I feel blessed to have met some wonderful people who I consider friends, and to have the oppourtunity to ride different horses, and to have so many new and wonderful experiences.

I never saw this coming, but I'm loving every minute of it... and I just can't wait to see what's next!

2 comments:

  1. You are a natural Shelley and have accomplished quite a lot in a short amount of time and I know that it will only get better and better. I'm so happy for you that you have found the same joy we all share. Once it grabs you, there is no letting go. I'm looking forward to all the experiences we have yet to share and so thankful for the ones we already have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy! It is wonderful to have had all the oppourtunities you and the rest have given us. Without you all I'd probably never have realized this, and I can't help but to think what we (I) would have missed out on! Looking forward to many more great memories and experiences with you too!

    ReplyDelete

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items