Monday, April 16, 2012

Shelley- A New Experience.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Well tonight was another first for me! Lynn took me for a wonderful ride back through beautiful, rough woods roads. I was on Summer, and she was on Spirit. It was 4.7 miles of beautiful trees with the sun shinning through in spots, frogs singing around us and birds trying hard to spook our horses by singing too! It was so peaceful, and the feeling is hard to describe. Yes there were branches in the face on occasion...but I didn't care! We went down, and then up some steeper little spots, which was also a first for me, as I haven't been on much other than somewhat flatter ground--and although it was a different feel, with Lynn's guidance on how to properly sit it, and Summer being an old pro-it was just great! I loved one little spot when we trotted up a bit of a steeper hill-man that was fun! There were little twists and turns, some boggy spots-oh what fun! Uh oh Lynn what are you creating here in me??? I am hooked!

3 comments:

  1. Love your world Lynn! I'm so glad we found you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you had a good time. I'm not so agreeable on the branches, but I am getting better. An almost 17-hand horse does not help the situation, but the experience and the scenery is all so beautiful, that it's worth it in the end. It adds a whole new dimension to riding and what an accomplishment. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items