Monday, May 21, 2012

We Did It!

Well, WE DID IT! and by we, I mean Wind and I, Troy, Lynn, Pam, Shelley, Todd, Kathleen, Marie, Carrilee and Gary and so many of the wonderful people who are as addicted to this as we are and ACTRA members.  I went through every emotion possible and everyone was there for me through it all. I'm so proud of myself and Wind and none of it could even have been accomplished without all of your support and encouragement along the way and God love that horse, even when I was tired and not so balanced and constantly changing gaits because my body just couldn't take it any more, he carried me home, not acting out or seeming frustrated and believe me it wasn't just Wind who didn't act frustrated when I had my moments of exhaustion, frustration and breakdowns....you all carried me home and I will be forever grateful and humbled by your support and constant encouragement. I am going to keep striving for those dreams, to make each try better than last. More training to come for our next 25 mile LD in PEI.

5 comments:

  1. So proud of you Tammy-I knew you could do it! I loved watching this journey unfold for you, and was so honored to be there along the way to see it all happen. You are a great inspiration to me, that someday I will also be able to have that experience-you did awesome-and should be very proud of yourself and your horse, Wind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an absolute inspiration to Marie & I and everyone watching your adventures with Wind. Thank you so much for your open heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...see, the proof is in the writing. How blessed am I to have such amazing women and true friends in my life. Thank you so much Shelley and Carrilee. I'll never be able to say enough how grateful I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done little sister. We all did what we could do to help; but it was YOU who accomplished this - absorb that fact and the pride that comes with it; and absorb the pure satisfaction that can only be achieved after setting a very tough goal and then accomplishing it. This is one of life's most wonderful feelings and you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I don't even know where to begin. You inspire me every day, not just with riding, but who you are as a person. If anyone can set tough goals and achieve them, that is certainly you and what a wonderful example you set. I watch your dedication to the horses entrusted to your care, your family, your friends, your work and can't help but be moved by your commitment and perseverance, your strength and confidence and all of that with a huge heart, a sense of humour, and a zest for life.

      Delete

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items