Wednesday, May 23, 2012


From the Heart
A few days ago, I was sitting, sipping on a glass of wine and reading Face book with a big smile on my face. The Tidal Treasures Crew had just completed the first competition of the season - The Mud Run in Stanley, NS. It consisted of a 30 mile LD (Limited Distance) on Sayurday and a 14 mile IDR (Interoductory Distance Ride) on Sunday. I was enjoying looking at all the pictures, comments and vidio clips of our weekend - a FIRST for many of us in so many ways - and I was moved to add my own comment. This is what I posted to Facebook - in retrospect, I should have posted it here, so I have copied it over.

All your pictures are great - thank you very much for sharing them. I had just the most wonderful weekend. Saturday I rode with my best friend, who is always there to encourage, help, tease, push and guide not only me, but everyone she comes in contact with. You inspire me every day. I am so glad I found you.... My other riding partner on Saturday is a woman I barely recognize as the same person I met. She has worked incredibly hard to turn her dream into reality. A city girl who liked the idea of riding a horse, but didn't like dirt and didn't know how to do anything for herself has become a confident, knowledgeable, independent distance rider who truly has a special bond with her mount. You have come such a long way - you also inspire me.

Sunday was incredible because I was able to share in seeing 3 new riders complete their first distance ride. After all the work, training, and sacrifices they made - to see their very tired, but beaming faces after they completed the ride - how can that be anything but inspiring. I am SO lucky to be part of it.
Thank you.

1 comment:

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items