Thursday, May 10, 2012

Training Mister

I have been training Mister and getting him in really good shape
with the ride coming up, I'm making sure he's ready. I can tell he is liking the exercises
and getting him in shape is also making me ready for everything
I'm doing with him. What I've been doing with him is working on trotting up to and around the cones, trotting a lot of laps in the indoor and outdoor arenas, trotting over poles to remind him to lift his feet, free lunging him, brushing him very well so he'll be clean, riding on trail rides with him and riding him bareback too. I had my first canter on Mister bareback on Monday! It was fun and Mister was having fun too because his ears were up and he kept going until I brought him down. I'm really excited for the ride and I think Mister is too.
                       
               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items