Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Mud Run is coming FAST!

Well in a week the Mud Run will be behind us. I am sure we will all have lots of stories and experiences to share at that time.

Right now I am starting to feel the nerves kick in a bit at the realization of how close we are to the big day. I am excited, but nervous too. I am not 100 percent sure what horse I will be riding, so I can't really wrap my brain around or set my mind to that piece of this adventure yet. I am not the youngest rider age wise ( 10 year old Marie has ridden tons more than I have), but I am the newest rider-so that brings with it some uncertainty too. I have only just mastered tacking up the horse myself-bit and all, and even now I sometimes am not sure if I have it all right-but there is always someone around to make sure things are as they should be. I know the day will be a great learning experience-and once I am in the saddle and on the trail, I will be fine.

Sometimes when I am riding I still wonder how I ever got from sitting in a chair and watching Kathleen ride-to sitting in the saddle and riding along with her-but am I ever glad it happened!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad it happened too. I know you are going to be just fine. On the day, as you need to do each thing, one of us will be there to let you know what the next step is, how much time you have etc. It will all come together. Just remember to breathe and also that everyone has been there before and no one is expecting perfection. You gain a little bit of knowledge each time until you are the one helping out a new person. We're in this together. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Tammy. I feel at ease knowing our TT team will be there, and I had no doubt that someone would be there to help when needed-that's just how we roll at TT! :)

      Delete
  2. The best things in life usually come at you sideways!

    ReplyDelete

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items