Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What's been happening since the Mud Run...

Well there has been so much buzz around this Mud Run, now what?  I've been enjoying reading everyone's accounts of the weekend, and looking back at all the pics and videos brings back the great memories and feelings of those two incredible days.

This past weekend Tammy and Wind, Lynn and Spirit, Pam and Summer, and Kathleen and Caddy along with Troy, Todd and I, loaded up and headed out for some training with lots of hills. It was supposed to rain, but it held off nicely. Everyone did great, and I'm told that those hills will make for some nice butt muscles! Although I didn't ride, I enjoyed walking some of those hills, and taking some pics and videos for the others to look back at.

Last night I had a great ride in the outdoor arena with Spirit. I have been practicing keeping him nicely out on the rail, (which he knows how to do, but he knows I'm new and likes to challenge me sometimes and make me work a bit for it-he knows I'm not Lynn! :) also I've been thinking about contact and leg pressure, and have been doing some trotting without the reins to work on my balance and core. It was a beautiful evening, and Spirit gave me just enough to think about.

I'm looking forward to continuing to be challenged-little challenges, and some bigger challenges too, that's how I learn best!



2 comments:

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items