Monday, May 14, 2012

Wind: 2012 Last Official Training Day!

Last official training day. Just me and my boy out on the trail. Beautiful Saturday morning. We stopped to say good morning to Leland, which Wind took to mean that we were done so he was able to go home. I quickly reminded him that he was not done and turned him around to continue down the road. I really enjoy these outings, as it gives me and Wind some time to figure it out on our own and just enjoy each other's company. He is a star for the most part. Sometimes he gets a little anxious and speeds up, but he responds to my cues to slows down (secretly there is a part of me that just wants to let him open up and go like the...pardon the pun...Wind). I know I will get there. We completed our 5 mile solo run at 8 mph and then I spent most of the rest of the day helping with trail marking for the Mud Run....less than a week away. At this point, I can't really say how I feel. I am back and forth between calm and ready, to feeling my heart race and becoming anxious. My top priority is Wind's well being. I don't in any way expect to place. I just want to get Wind and myself through in one piece and hopefully he will pulse down within the required time and we will have a completion, but I'm trying to not even focus on a completion and more a learning experience. One more step on the road to Wind and I solidifying our team, not just as one team, but as members of the Tidal Treasures team too. Everyone helping and encouraging, all in different stages of our journey. Happy Trails my friends. See you out there and best of luck.

1 comment:

  1. Tammy you and Wind have come so far already. I like how you are thinking right now, that is how I need to be thinking too! Can't wait to see you go Saturday! Congrats on yours and Wind's training too!

    ReplyDelete

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items