Friday, May 25, 2012

Aziim Lately

Just a short note to say that I have not been neglecting Aziim during all this excitement over the IDR and endurance conditioning.
I see him almost every day, at least 5 times in the week. I always stop to give him a scrub, his neck at the very top seems to be a favourite spot. Sometimes he's very, very busy with pressing grazing and ignores me so sometimes I ignore him back and keep going - occasionally this makes him change his mind and he comes over.  I toss his ball and often he finds it and takes it. If someone is there to hold his lead line, I clean his feet. He still doesn't like me to touch his ears but doesn't mind me straightening out his forelock after putting on his halter. He usually dips his nose for the halter, which is nice.
 Kathleen and I had him in the cross ties a couple of times and he's very good there. She has a neat trick of holding his jaw up if he raises his head slightly rudely, he seems to get her point! He still doesn't care for taking the bit but he doesn't seem to mind as much as he did. Lynn is pretty swift at it.
Yesterday, he was nibbly - taking the lead line between his teeth - at first I told him no, but then I switched to "go ahead" and " by the way, since it's there anyway, why don't we put it at your bars?" So while he thought about what was going on (cute and curious and mouthing the line, thinking - no arguing) he was getting lots of "mouth attention". He didn't nibble on the lead line today when Marie held him for me while he received his pedicure. May be coincidence, who knows?
I'm really enjoying this interesting boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items