Friday, July 27, 2012

My Butt

Today I was riding Mister and I was bareback and I was just going to
walk but when we started to walk he just started galloping! He whipped
around the turn and I came off, my butt hit first and then my head then I
rolled. Willow was in the pasture beside me and stayed with me the whole time 
I was on the ground. Then she walked beside me when I went to get mister who ran 
all the way to Phil's yard, next door to the other pasture. I led Mister back and put him in a stall until Leon came. The adults thought Mister looked sorry but I think he was just tired. Mama and Leon think maybe Mister got stung or maybe touched the fence. The same thing happened to them on their ponies who never took off either. 
I am Ok now.   

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your butt is better, that you always ride with a helmet and that you are going to put Mister's bit in and have someone watching when you ride in the fields. You handled that "unscheduled dismount" like a pro. I was happy that you had such a great ride on Summer the very next day, even cantering. Great job, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are feeling better Marie-you did look good on Summer the next day! Now Kathleen has a sore butt!

    ReplyDelete

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items