Friday, July 6, 2012

Aziim, Spa Day

Spent time with Aziim today and he was perfect! He was far enough away in the pasture that I waited and called him and called him and waited. Paris and Khol appeared first, more calling and waiting. When I turned to walk back to the gate, they hurried over and Aziim pushed the others away to come see what I wanted. We went into the barn for a long grooming session and easy-peasy hoof picking.
Funny face.
Handsome face.
He doesn't mind the iPod at all anymore and we worked on "head down". He probably knows well what it means but I'd not asked him before. He loves his neck scrubbed with the curry comb: so I'd scrub him, stop, ask for head down & tug his halter down and if he put his head down I told him good boy and scrubbed instantly. We did that until I thought he knew what I was asking him and he most often did it when I asked.
We also worked on rubbing his poll and ears. I got him to 'head down' and scrubbed that poll, which he enjoyed so much he didn't notice that I was sometimes rubbing the base of both ears and twice the whole ear got a swipe. We did this with me standing in front of him and to the side of his head, facing the same direction. He remembered that he doesn't like his ears touched a couple of times and pulled his head back up. I think he likes the scrubs more than he doesn't like the ears touched.
Orange cat hears the music.
Keeping an eye on that cat.
Orange cat chill-axing.



I brushed his tail, and don't tell Willow I told you, but it's a nice treat to comb a clean tail!
We were there for about an hour: he dozed, I scrubbed and sang along to the iPod, the orange barn cat dropped by for a visit, we watched Mister & Marie go by on their way to the beach and we had an overall grand time.
On our way back to the pasture we took our time, one of us grazed and one of us shooed big flies off the grazer. Good boy, Aziim!
Is Tammy here?
Handsome Aziim.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items