Friday, June 1, 2012

Perspective

It was a dull, dreary kind of week. Jeannie and I were talking to each other about being kind of "down" yesterday, and I was trying to determine why I was feeling so "low", when she said something simple/yet difficult, and wise...".it doesn't matter why you are down, what matters is figuring out how to get yourself back up."
Well I had little help with that today because the sun came out and it always gives me such an amazing lift. But I took what she said to heart and re-introduced myself to my grateful journal. Today, I thought I'd "picture" some of my grateful thoughts. So here goes:
                                          Sunshine (on a cloudy day!)



                     My wild rose bush and the old bird house.  Not a well-kept bush, but I love it to pieces.  The blooms start now...and go for most of the summer.  The blooms are one of the farm's first signals that summer has started.

Wild roses, (lilacs have the same effect)  for immediate uplift (if your name is Lynn Beazley) So grateful to be able to see these right from my window...


and....low tide.  It makes me pause and marvel at everything.  (Hey look...you can see the rosebush and the birdhouse in bottom left hand corner)! This is not a complete low tide....maybe 1/4 of the way out.  Our shoreline is actually "famous" for having the worlds's lowest tides.

Anyhow, this whole "down" versus "up" thing left me remembering a little fable I've read a few times and it provides a visual for me to tie into Jeannie's simple/yet difficult, and wise comment:



Have a great weekend everyone!  Hope you manage to figure out what feeds your Good Wolf!

1 comment:

  1. Your friend Jeannie sounds like a very wise woman! It is so important to pause and be grateful for the people and things in our life that bring us joy-too often life gets so busy, we don't pause to reflect on all the beauty and good around us! Love your pics!

    ReplyDelete

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items