Tuesday, June 4, 2013

ATTEMPTED MURDER - THE MUDDY WATER MONSTER

This blog has content that may be disturbing to some readers, horses under 4 should stop reading now.
This is the true story of how my owner tried to kill me and my brother was in on it.  I have to start at the beginning, about a year ago me and my "loving" brother Wind where chewing back some sweet grass chatting and I asked him how he dealt with the muddy water monster, code name puddle.  He says, "don't worry kid, lean back on your hind end and launch yourself over it and in a couple of seconds it will be in the rear view.  I now know his grass was obviously better than mine...
 Fast forward one year, it's a lovely day, we have just been let into a new area with tonnes of grass and he comes wondering down the field, what can he possibly want now...  It's my owner and I just don't have the energy to run.  I figure I will go with him pretend to be interested in his little games for a bit and get back to my new grass, I have never been so wrong.
Saddle on and off we go on an adventure, I suggested we turn back, several times actually, but he kept nagging me on so I went until I rounded a corner and there it was... the MUDDY WATER MONSTER...  I looked at it and insisted we head home, I spun, I danced and I spun some more, but he would not take no for an answer.  Remembering what Wind told me, I set myself back and launched myself for all I was worth.  My back feet slipped in the mud, but I was soaring through the air, I had to have been at least 3 inches off the ground and I jumped a solid 9 inches... BIG PROBLEM... THE MUDDY WATER MONSTER was 18 inches wide.  My first thought was, Wind you 11 foot baboon.
My front feet were square in the middle of its mouth and it was slowly swallowing me whole, I tried to run, but my front feet were frozen in the beasts grasp and it was only when I watched my back feet pass my front ones that I realized I had to do something or I was a goner.  I mustered 20 seconds of insane courage and a tremendous amount of will and pulled myself from its grip with a mighty hop.  It was over and my heart would be back to normal within a week.
The rest of the ride was uneventful and as we worked our way home I could feel the tension as my owner thought about getting back across the monster, silly boy, everyone knows there are no monsters on the way home it's just a puddle.  Soon I was back in the grass with my girls, I told them I was totally cool about the whole thing and as I explained to Kohl how easy it was, I laughed silently to myself and thought, next year you will truly know how I feel about you, if you make it back alive HAHAHA!!!!

1 comment:

  1. tears, tears, and more tears - I am laughing SO hard!

    ReplyDelete

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items