Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Paris' Perspective - New Experiences




Penny asks "Can I play too?"


You can see from the picture that I have forgiven Lynn for Sunday.  (See my post below.)

We've been riding the past two days and I have been enjoying myself most of the time.   I like taking Lynn for rides up Lelands, mostly because there is lots of grass and many other types of trees and things to eat that are not in my paddock! Yum.  Now, I have my conditions - one is that I stay behind another horse.  I DO NOT WANT TO LEAD.  Bit by bit, Lynn is trying to convince me otherwise.  I can tell what she's doing, but she is sliding into it so slowly that she keeps managing to convince me to do things I don't really want to.  Tonight, for example, she convinced me that I didn't have to lead but there was really no reason why I couldn't walk up beside Spirit....so I did for a while.  It was scary, but it wasn't that bad.

Then, just as we were walking home, we turned right on the highway, instead of crossing the road and heading straight home.   Lynn dismounted and walked me in hand up the highway. Well, let me tell you I had so many different experiences after that right turn that I couldn't possibly tell you about them all!  I found out that I do not like cars coming up from behind me.  I found out that I do like it in the woods. Or at least I think I do there was so much going on ...all the changes in the ground ...up and down, mud and roots (what is with those roots?), trees all along my side and above me.  It was very exciting!   I found out that I am more worried about things the farther I get from home; and less worried about them as I get close to home.  I found out that I can canter at 7 miles per hour!  I found out a lot of things today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items