Saturday, September 15, 2012

Virginia (4)

Today I rode a horse (a beautiful horse) for four hours on the OLD DOMINION!!!! Up and down a mountain side, with little rock "steps" criss crossing the path every 50 feet or so. We trotted up and up and up, up over each "step" and up the mountain. Later we came down the same way, sometimes trotting down the steps!! Wow. I was 100 percent the "student " way out of my league with this group which included (see photo) Jeannie Waldron, five time winner of the OD on the horse she won it with last year. Trisha Jerling , 2nd place last year and winner of the best condition award, and Rambo . Jeannie's 26 year old horse He holds the record for the fastest horse to ever finish the old old dominion. This horse has travelled the world. I will fill in everyone's name in the picture and fix up the pic once I get home. They were all wonderful to me and to Gary. Right now....sleep. Because I have to get up bright and early to go on ANOTHER trail ride with Jeannie tomorrow.!!! I am such a mix of exhaustion and excitement that I don't know what to do with myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items