Sunday, November 18, 2012

PARIS' Perspective - Remembrance Day Weekend.

Well, this is the  second Remembrance Day Weekend in a row that Lynn has taken me down to the beach.  It's kinda turned into a tradition.  Except last year, Aziim and his person Troy come with us, but this year, she brought the two new kids with her...Ali and Adios.

Here's me and Lynn.  Beautiful weather for November in Nova Scotia.  I'm a pretty good looking 4 year old, I'd say.  Lynn's got me in a western saddle today.  She keeps changing up saddles.



I'm not too sure about this new  kid - Adios.  I mean look at him...he's trying to drink salt water. This guy came from Virginia.  Not sure what that says about horses from Virginia.


Okay, okay I will admit he's only 3 so I should cut him some slack.  Also, I have to admit he seems quite brave.  He didn't seem to mind the water at all. 







Ali just came to the barn about a month ago.  He is a straight Egyptian Arabian - 1/2 brother to Aziim! Kathleen is really  happy with him. We are finding out new things about him every day.  He seems to like the beach!

He is definitely very curious.


The tide was coming in.  These two "newbies" are not sure just what to think about the water level changing!






The footing down on the beach is changing constantly so it keeps the boys' minds busy.  Come to think of it, Lynn says it keeps my mind busy too. 





Here's a picture of me and Ali out on the tide with our Chief Security Officer (Dozer).  What a beautiful Remembrance Day Weekend!


Today was also the first day Lynn put me in a hack more.  I liked it!
W

1 comment:

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items