Friday, August 3, 2012

Training Update

Haven't chimed in lately, so here is an update. Since Wind and I completed our first 30 mile competition together back in May, we've been continuing to train. Wind and Troy finished 42 miles in the heat in PEI and we decided he needed a break the following day, so I did not end up riding that weekend, but I was okay with that. His well being has always been and will continue to be the top priority. With July came the usual infestation of flies and so we have been sticking to doing hills..in the driveway..which is as good a hill to train as any normal hill and laps in the outdoor arena, with the occasional pleasure walks down to the beach. We are off again to Wickham, NB this afternoon for another competition, where Troy will ride in the 30 mile CTR and I in the 15 mile JP. I will look at tackling CTRs next season. For now, if I do 30 miles it will be an LD, the next of which is scheduled in October. I'm feeling more and more connected to Wind and confident in the saddle and I'm loving getting more comfortable with his canter, but as the saying goes "Only a fool would ever claim to have graduated from the School of Horses." So, I'm going to keep trying to pursue my goal of making each and every moment spent with Wind a comfortable, happy learning experience for both us and that is a goal that will never end. There are trying days and days when I know I could have done better, but I won't stop striving for the goal of always being kind, considerate and respectful of that beautiful boy. For all he does, that is the least he deserves.

2 comments:

  1. You sure exceeded your goals at the McDonald's Run JP, Tammy. And you could NOT have done better - you were totally inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items