Monday, April 29, 2013

Paris' Perspective




Hi all.  Paris here.  It's been a while since there's been a post on the blog from the horse's perspective,  so I thought I'd better write.  As some of you know, I turned 5 this year.  My Person was going to start training me up big time in March but her life got complicated and I so got out of some hard work.  Mind you, Troy lunged me off and on, just to make sure that I kept my girly figure and all.

Anyway, My Person has been working with me now and then and yesterday we went for our first real trail ride this season.  This is actually my first "real" training ride ever in that the pace was quick and the expectations were on me to perform.  This was not my usual "walk in the park"  No sir, My Person meant business.  We started down Lelands Road at a trot up the first hill, but once we got to the top, My Person insisted I continue to trot.  So we went along a little more, and She still wanted me to trot.  I got really excited!  Spirit was leading the way and I was right behind him - but he kept running through puddles and so did I because I was so close to him that by the time I saw them, it was too late - splash, splat, gross.  Gross, I do not like puddles.  So I started to hang back a bit, just so that I could pay attention to what was in front of me.  My Person was very proud of me for doing this - Apparently, the boys don't really care if they get wet or not and My Person has to work hard and holding them back off the horse in front - No problem with me - Glad to oblige.

Anyway, we were going along and the ground got mucky. It got harder to move, so I went up into a canter. Did you know you could canter with a person on your back.  Yep you can. I did it 4 more times while we were out. No big deal at all. Kind of fun actually.  Well I carried My Person for 5 miles, with lots of trotting and cantering.  Truth be told, I kind of enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun trying to decide where to put my feet.  My Person was really impressed with this. I have no idea why. I will never completely understand humans.






1 comment:

  1. That's great news, Paris - you're a big girl now. Love that you are smart enough to want to choose yourself where to put your hooves.

    ReplyDelete

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items