Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 in Review

I tend to get quiet and reflective as the year draws to an end.  I pause and take stock, appreciate what I have and give thanks.   This year, 2012, has been a great year.  One of the best years of my life actually.  So many things to be thankful for and on so many levels.

To begin with, I am a Canadian citizen; not something to be taken lightly.  I am married to a wonderful man who not only puts up with me, but actually loves me, and I love him.   I have my health.  My family has their health.  The raw beauty of the landscape on the Kempt Shore fills me with peace and humbles me every time I look out my window.  My job takes me away from the farm more than I would like but the work is worthwhile and I work with good people.

All this contributed to a good 2012.  What took it over the edge and turned it into one of the best years of my life....was the Tidal Treasure Crew,  the other distance riders I have had the opportunity to spend time with, and all the assorted riding I was able to do this year!  What a great year!

Gary and I put the following video together especially for the Tidal Treasure Crew and our distance riding friends.  We cannot put into words how much you all have touched our lives, so we thought we'd try to do it with pictures!  Thanks for sharing the farm with us; we are blessed to have you.


Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors for the Autumn Run 2012

Tidal Treasures Stables, along with Lucy and Elwood, are grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following and we encourage ACTRA riders and family to support them:

Say it with Stitches www.sayitwithstitches.ca

The Distance Depot www.thedistancedepot.com

Taylored Tack www.tayloredtack.com

Barn Braids http://custombarnbraids.webs.com/

Fredie's Fantastic Fish House http://www.frediesfantasticfish.com/

Fiske’s Animal Care Products www.fiskes.ca

Falmouth Farm Market donated a 50lb bag of carrots

Bits and Bridles Tack shop donated a 40lb bag of HF/HFiber

Pam Thornton made a financial contribution

Sherry Brooks donated Distance Depot items